Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Housekeeping

Here is the way we do dishes! I'm the dishwasher and here is the dryer!


Ladies, remember back in the 80's when we used to hang things like this on our walls as decorations? Who knew you were actually supposed to sweep with them? :) These are our brooms! They work really well too. I love them! Houses are not carpeted here. We have this white tile on the first floor and then wood floors throughout the rest of the house except all the bathroom are tiled nicely. There is a lot of sweeping to be done around here...that's why...

We take our shoes off before entering the house! (yes, that's Ginger in the window) Bangkok is a really dirty place and I have become OBSESSED with washing my feet! I knew I would be because I was thinking about it even before we moved here. I would like to make it a rule that not only do you have to take off your shoes before you enter the house but you must stick your feet in an antibacterial soak, scrub for 2 minutes, dry with a clean towel, lotion up, and then you may enter! That plan is not going over well with anyone...so, for now, I just wash my feet (as mentioned above) every night before bed. I do not want to stick those nasty things in my bed! :)

No comments: