Thursday, December 4, 2008

Political Situation is Better at the Moment

Well, as you may have heard, the airports are preparing to reopen, the protesters have gone home for the moment. The political situation is very confusing and complicated so I won't bore you with the story...but, my prediction is that the people have solved things temporarily, like I said in previous posts, they absolutely LOVE and RESPECT their King and it is his birthday today, tomorrow is "Father's Day" a national holiday (the King's bday is Father's Day and Mother's Day is the Queen's bday here in Thailand) and so they would NEVER disgrace his bday with what was happening here before. I hope I am wrong but after this holiday is over, the political situation is NOT solved, so they could be right back at it again. I would hope they would never allow the airports to be taken over again but confidence is low around the globe after what DID happen! We will have to see if people will come to Thailand again, time will tell. We hope people will still come. Luckily, the issues have nothing to do with westerners, we feel very safe here.

Other than this, everything is going very well for us here. For the King's bday holiday we are taking off for Rayong (the beach city where we spent our first week here, where Jeff practiced driving!) and this time I am going to practice driving! Wish me luck! I am so tired of depending on others to drive and even though I don't mind riding the motorbike, it's not the safest mode of transportation and Maddie is pretty scared to ride with me. We only had to do it once and she talked the whole time about how she was going to die and telling me who to give all her possessions to! Silly girl! I dreamt the other night that I was driving and it was easy so...I think it is time! :)

No comments: