Sunday, December 14, 2008

Beach House!

Here's Maddie and Daddy enjoying an "American Breakfast" on the island of Koh Samet. We had our very first pancake at this restaurant since we left America and it was fantastic. We headed for Rayong (the house is actually in Ban Phe, a few miles south of Rayong) on Friday morning, just relaxed. I started driving and I feel human again! The shifting is no problem and I have a feel for where I am on the opposite side of the car so I now feel confident I won't mow anyone down with the left side of the car. We ate dinner at our favorite restaurant on the beach (only about 2 blocks from the house). Maddie and Ginger love to chase crabs on the beach every evening. Ginger comes swimming with us every day in the ocean. Last trip we had to drag her into the ocean every time, this time she just ran right in on her own. She loves the beach house!

Next morning we took a speed boat out to Koh Samet and had breakfast here. We then rented motorbikes and toured around the island for about 3 or 4 hours. It was really fun.


Maddie took this picture...very nice...


I'm not sure if any of you saw this around the rest of the world? This is not a good picture but Maddie wanted to take one of the moon with 2 planets that made a happy face (on our side of the world anyway) It was really cool...


2 comments:

Brittani said...

What a cool picture! I bet by the time you come back here to visit, you'll be thrown off by driving on the right side!

The LaFontaine Family said...

I love your background! I can't believe how grown up Maddie looks. It's been less than a year and a half since I saw her last. Thanks for the update!